Sunday 23 February 2014

Ruby Gets Wet!


On Saturday 21 February I witnessed the amazing efforts of everyone involved in the annual MS 24 Hour Megaswim at the Fitzroy Pool in Melbourne. It was a wonderful event with teams doing laps, children running about and the occasional penguin, tiger and superhero wandering through hoping to win the best costume prize.

I was asked to attend by the organisers to share my story and express my appreciation to everyone involved. Funds raised support the MS 'Go for Gold' scholarships. As a winner in 2012 I thought it important to demonstrate just what all their hard work and swimming produces, and ‘Ruby’ is a tangible outcome. It was a truly uplifting event full of goodwill and a humbling example of the generosity of all participants.

Moy and I also grabbed the opportunity to promote ‘Ruby’ and sold 35 copies! It was terrific to see adults and children alike flipping through the pages and walking around with a book under their arms! See and hear Sean talking about Ruby on the day. http://youtu.be/ksZ423NJbDY

No comments:

Post a Comment